Avocados – Sorry Kale you’re no longer Queen Green… All Hail the Avocado!
Now before I go any further, I would just like to point out that I have been obsessed with the avocado since day one (it probably helps that I am a vegetarian/pescatarian)
Why should you be eating them?!
- Avocados help aid weight loss
- Boosts your brain performance
- Incredibly nutritious
- Avocado help control blood pressure
- Improves your heart health
- One of the cleanest produce around
- Contain more potassium then bananas
- Loaded with fibre and antioxidants
- May help prevent cancer
- Easy to incorporate into your diet
- THEY ARE DELICIOUS
- Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
- Folate: 20% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
Then it contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
This is coming with 160 calories, 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fibre so there are only 2 “net” carbs, making this a low-carb friendly plant food.
There is literally SO much you can too with these green babies. You can have avocado on toast, add them to smoothies and salads… You can create a stuffed avocado by adding a flavourful filling of your choice say tuna, egg, goats cheese, prawns, smoked salmon, vegetables, couscous… AHHH I’m hungry again.
On that note I will leave you with some mouth-watering pictures of avocado dishes that you could try out at home.